|Thought of the day – Learning from mistakes checklist|
|· Accepting responsibility makes learning possible.
· Don’t equate making mistakes with being a mistake.
· You can’t change mistakes, but you can choose how to respond to them.
· Growth starts when you can see room for improvement.
· Work to understand why it happened and what the factors were.
· What information could have avoided the mistake?
· What small mistakes, in sequence, contributed to the bigger mistake?
· Are there alternatives you should have considered but did not?
· What kinds of changes are required to avoid making this mistake again? What kinds of change are difficult for you?
· How do you think your behavior should/would change in you were in a similar situation again?
· Work to understand the mistake until you can make fun of it (or not want to kill others that make fun).
· Don’t over-compensate: the next situation won’t be the same as the last.
|Joke of the day|
|Lawyer: "What was the first thing your husband said to you when he woke that morning?"
Witness: "He said, ‘Where am I, Cathy?’"
Lawyer: "And why did that upset you?"
Witness: "My name is Susan."
|Have a great day!