Quote of the day
“Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
Fact of the day
1. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
2. "Almost" is the longest commonly used word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
3. "Fickleheaded" and "fiddledeedee" are the longest words consisting only of letters in the first half of the alphabet.
4. "Asthma" and "isthmi" are the only six-letter words that begin and end with a vowel and have no other vowels between.
5. "Fortnight" is a contraction of "fourteen nights." In the US "two weeks" is more commonly used.
6. "Forty" is the only number which has its letters in alphabetical order.
7. "One" is the only number with its letters in reverse alphabetical order.
8. "Four" is the only number whose number of letters in the name equals the number.
9. "Taxi" is spelled exactly the same in English, French, German, Swedish, Portuguese, and Dutch.
Joke of the day
A man walked into a lawyer’s office and inquired about the rates. "Fifty dollars for three questions," replied the lawyer. "Isn’t that awfully steep?" asked the man. "Yes," the lawyer replied, "and what was your third question?"
Have a great day!