Quote of the day
“The difference between a successful person is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” –Vincent Lombardi
Thought of the day– Tongue Twisters
Tongue twisters are the funniest sentences in the world; however, there’s always something that we could learn through having fun. A tongue twister is a sequence of words that is difficult to pronounce quickly and correctly. The actual idea behind a tongue twister is that, it helps to strengthen the muscles necessary for proper speech while you practice the correct placement of your tongue, lips and teeth. When you practice tongue twisters, don’t just mumble through them. Really focus on your articulation.
first, start saying it slowly; and then, as you feel more comfortable, try increasing your rate of speech. One more good idea to add is that, you could try practicing tongue twisters in front of a mirror where you could see the shape of your mouth and where you exactly placing your tongue. You could also record your voice to hear how you are pronouncing each word.
Some tongue twisters:
· I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.
· Sally sells sea shells by the sea shore. Shy Shelly says she shall sew sheets.
· Red lorry, yellow lorry, red lorry, yellow lorry.
· A flea and a fly flew up in a flue. Said the flea, “Let us fly!” Said the fly, “Let us flee”. So they flew through a flaw in the flue.
· Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers;A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked;If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
Joke of the day
5 things Indian movies taught us:
1. At least one of the identical twins is born evil.
2. While defusing a bomb, don’t worry which wire to cut, you will always choose the right one!
3. A hero will show no pain while getting beaten up, but will show pain when a woman is trying to clean his wound!
4. A detective can solve a case only when he’s suspended from duty!
5. If u decide to start dancing on the street, everyone you meet will know the steps
Have a great day!